Friday, April 1, 2011

yes mom, my liver is fine.


so i know i did this to a couple posts ago, but i really can't help being bored while all of my dark room pictures are in their bubble bath slot things.
i selenium toned ALLLLLLL the prints i've done this year so far. It took forever! and it was a killer.
but literally. Because selenium is BAD for you. I had to wear rubber gloves and not breathe it into my lungs/body/brains because it can cause liver cancer...... but guess what?
I still breathed some in and some still got onto my arm. :'( grrrreat.
It's okay though. at least i won't get mono from it. (bahahahhahha! sorry- this a funny between my sister and I. and i still think it's funny)
anyways i thought my professor told us once that selenium burns through your skin and makes you ignite into flames.... or something to that extreme. so i was getting all excited because nothing exciting ever happens and then......none of the above even slightly happened.
so after waiting for ten minutes (10 seconds more than likely) i just rinsed my arm off.
as for my liver- i think it's doing fine. Let me go ask it real quick.........



Yep, it's hunky doory still.
it must have been a different chemical that does that....
(yes mother, i'm fine)


So here's Brianna's latest bad news. so the next 3 semesters i will be taking 15 credits each. {not bad} but here's the kicker-- there are tons of photo classes that are only offered every 2 years. and all of them have pre reqs. and guess what? two of those only every 2 year classes are offered this coming fall. And guess who hasn't taken the pre req of color 1 yet. ME! so guess what else?- i have to stay in school a dumb year longer so i can take those classes. So my last 3 semesters i only have to take 3 credits each. seriously????? BOO!!
and guess what else. i could do it in two but because of how the BFA shin dig thing works i have to graduate in the spring. not the fall. so i have to stick around even one more semester doing nothing useful. yay....... sometimes {okay lets be hhhonest- nearly all the time} the art department is ridiculous. no offense. i mean... you people should be offended and offer them every year!

so the weather outside is NOT frightful! :D :D :D :D! it is so loverly i could kiss it! it snowed this week- and i bundled all up and froze. But then yesterday it was nearly 60!!! and today it is about the same! so naturally i whip out my capris and summer shirts and flip flops and head to school with no jacket. hehehehehe.
and in honor of spring i am going to roast marshmallows tonight over an open fire up logan canyon. And hopefully get starbursts too. And maybe eggo waffles as well. (no i'm not weird! haven't you ever tried that?!?! okay i haven't either but I HAVE seen someone do it!)

So i was waiting for my class to start yesterday morning and was talking to this guy. his major was agriculture business. {so obviously} I asked him if he was a cowboy. (betsy thought this was a dumb question.. i don't see how...) and he asked, "define cowboy." ya know- boot wearin, horse trainin', bull ridin', pasture manure in', hunk a burnin' gentlemen. (only i said it much differently.. but honestly how does he not know what a cowboy is????) and he replied back- "i don't like boots all that much (yeah, so NOT a cowboy) and i like to think my self a gentlemen....". well hopefully you are a gentlemen but why are you going into agriculture business if you don't even wear boots???!
man, my hopes and dreams of ever marrying a cowboy are getting slimmer and slimmer as the seconds pass by.
okay i'm going to make a more realistic dream that i'd still be happy with- I just want to go on a couple dates with a perfect cowboy. sigh.

tatafornow my friends.

1 comment:

  1. At first when you said, 'it snowed this week,' I thought you said, 'I showered this week.' hahahaha

    ReplyDelete