Wednesday, April 6, 2011

President Monson- the man, the legend, the prophet, my hero


President Monson- i don't even know where to start. My last few blogs have just been for fun, but this one is to shout to the world how i feel and what i know and how i know.
Thomas S. Monson has been the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for 3 years now. It was really hard for me when President Hinckley died on my 16th birthday because i loved that man so much.

I still to this day miss seeing him during conference twice a year because i loved his talks and hearing his witness but It's amazing to me as to how much you can just see President Monson and hear him.... and then, just know that he is the prophet of God just like President Hinkley was.
{i love when he'd wave with his cane}
my dad called me on saturday night and told me about his talk during the priesthood session of conference. it sounded really good so i tried to find it online on sunday but it wasn't up yet. then in institute on monday so many of the guys were talking about it.
So yesterday i looked it up and it was on the church's website{you can see it here} and it was on. I watched it with Ashley and Betsy and it was honestly one of the best talks i have ever heard.
I love how confident he is. If i ever had to speak in front of a live audience of over 20 thousand and in front of millions of others watching from their computers and stake centers i would be a nervous wreck. But he never is. He is confident and has the spirit of God with him so strongly that he can just talk and everything that he says i can tell is coming straight from heaven and is exactly what my Heavenly Father needs me to hear.
I love President Monson because of his life experiences. He tells the greatest stories that are funny but that still have a point and make sense in his talks. He is very to the point and makes right and wrong very clear.
i love general conference every 6 months. I love being able to have questions and worries before it and then have every single thing answered. I love it that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints receives modern revelation from God. It helps me get through my life so much easier. I feel safe and comforted in a world of confusion and danger. i'm just happily. and it is so much better to live life happily than it is to live life unhappily.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment