Sunday, April 3, 2011

being sick=being bored=another blogpost

so the past few days i've been getting sicker. :P BOO! just a dumb head cold. but it's good that it has been conference so i can lounge around my apartment in my PJ's.
So conference was wonderful! I really really really really enjoyed Elder Scott's talk!
it was super adorable how he talked about his wife and all the thoughtful things they did for each other while being married.
{i love these guys!}
I had my questions answered and worries calmed too. :D


Anyways last night i went with betsy and ashley to my friend Carrie's house for banana splits while all the (good) young lads were off at the Priesthood session. {we were driving around town and someone mentioned that they love not seeing guys out for the night because they are all being righteous. and the ones who aren't there we were supposed to glare at them haha} :D She made homemade caramel syrup and homemade chocolate syrup! and had like 50 toppings for them! They were most excellent.

then we watched the Legends of Zorro. never in my life had i seen it. It was super awesome! Antonia Banderaz is a babe.
favorite line of the movie- "you should put some lipstick on if you're going to act like my mother!" bahaha!

it is with great excitement and enthusiasm that i announce to you that.....................................................
I CHANGED MY INFO ON FACEBOOK!

this is what it now reads-
I'd rather be taking pictures!

I am a Utah State Aggie (WOOT!) and I am an Orem High Graduate! I love to take pictures, read, take pictures, have fun, take pictures, and go to Aggie athletic events, etc. I have the BEST roommates in the world. We have a ton of fun, weird conversations, do random spur of the moment things, and enjoy once a week roommate bonding night/i hate boys night/i hate scratchy sock night by eating ice cream and watching a chick-flick.

goals include- dating a cowboy, kissing in the library, traveling to Europe, learn how to control the TV/DVD in my house in Orem, perfect the art of making gravy, Photograph an elaborate wedding, fly a plane, pull an all nighter, become an expert in Facebook stalking, own a 4 door jeep, play red rover in the middle of a large intersection, have someone named after me, have a baby boy before Ashleigh so i get the fought after name, own a horse, go on a sleigh ride, turn 20, fly in a hot air balloon, kiss under mistletoe, take a successful photo of the moon and it's craters, own a legit ranch, marry in the temple, have an adventure every day of my life with him, and live happily ever after with my very own Mr Perfectly Imperfect. :D

cool beans eh?
so now because the only thing i have to do is blow my nose and take a second nap of the day i will explain my fun to goals to you! :D

dating a cowboy- pretty self explanatory. i once read this-

"If he has snakeskin boots and a wide brimmed hat, your hearts a fluttering! He is fearless, loves to get down and dirty, and not afraid of hard work. He is a loyal family man, and wants to provide for them in any way possible. He loves riding horses, training horses, caring for livestock, agriculture and has a deep love for dogs. He is not one to rely soley on his physical skills, as most Cowboys are also highly intelligent. Not only is he good on the farm, but he's also talented at sweet talking you and could lasso your heart a mile away. There is no shortage of charm with the Cowboys, for them chivalry is not dead and never will be. For a rough and tumble type, he really does have a soft inner core when it comes to loved ones, and he isn't afraid to show it. "
Although not all of this is why i want to date/marry/beinlovewith a cowboy, it gives you the most of it. they are just SO adorable, and are at the essence of being gentlemen. sigh.

next-kissing in the library. there is a quote on our P4 quote wall of awesomeness that reads, "i want to kiss passionately in the library."-Brianna...... so i just have this dream of kissing someone in between weathered old paper and metal shelves okay? give me a break. it could be worse. i just think kissing in the library is somehow very romantic. :D
{only i will not kiss a guy if they are wearing that tight of a shirt}

Traveling to Europe- I want to travel the world, europe being the first place i'd go outside the US. (i've already been to Canada). I want to go to Italy (#1) and Greece (#2) the most. I want to bring my camera and 6 cajilion memory cards to document ever milisecond of this adventure. And i need to go before i get married {not that this is happening soon} because everyone knows that after you get married you
  • Become boring
  • become even more poor
  • boring
  • and then more poor.
so obviously in the next 2 years is the most ideal time to travel the world.

learning how to control the TV/DVD at my house in Orem probly sounds ridiculous but you don't understand. There are at least 20-5000 cords and for some reason it's not as simple as pushing a button on the remote that the TV changes from cable to dvd to vcr back to cable. there is a series of un plugging, plugging, jamming, yelling, hoping, but mostly praying to get it to work. and i can never remember the order of how things work. So whenever i go home to visit, if i'm yelling from the basement for someone to help, my family doesn't reply or come. Because they know they will then have to help me figure it out. the only thing is that i hate it when they just do it, cause then i never can learn it. so i always make them teach me how to do it. But i still don't ever remember..... So therefore, this is a hefty and worthwhile goal of mine. :D
perfecting the art of making gravy- my mom, and grandma, and great grandma, etc. have this delicious way of making gravy. and i know how to make it, i just never can make it taste as good as theirs. they don't ever use a recipe so it's hard to make it exactly as theirs. i'm getting better, i just need more practice. and one day, my daughters will be saying the same things as me. :D

photograph an elaborate wedding. i want to take picture's for a waaay expensive wedding. one with name cards on the table, and where they serve dinner that cost over 200 a plate. :D there would be so much to take pictures of and it would be a dream come true for me. :D

fly a plane. It's my grandpa in me. He was in the air force. and i want to learn to fly an airplane. one day it will happen. and you all will be jealous.

pull an all nighter. don't make fun! I've tried! but i always fall short of it. And everyone always tells me that they do it because they procrastinated writing a really huge paper or project. but here's the problem- i physically cannot procrastinate. It stresses me out! and i do not do well with an overload of stress. so, i take the stress off of myself and get things done early. which in return prevents my goal of pulling an all nighter less possible.

Become an expert in facebook stalking. I'm pretty daggon good at this already but even i can improve a little more.

own a 4-door jeep. Because they are sexy! okay okay, i want my future husband to own one. But either way, i would own it. :D preferably a navy blue or yellow one.


play "red rover" in a busy intersection. Would this not be legit?!?! "red rover, red rover, send one mini van over!" i think it would be the highlight of anyone's life.

have someone named after me. story time! i've never shared that with anyone before but i have news! it might happen!! i got this random text from ash and it said, "so nathan has our first daughter's name picked out." i said, "and that is...?" and she said, "jocelyn NICHOLE." AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! that's my middle name!! and i know that it's not even my first name, but who cares?!??!!?! so this dream might in fact come true one day. now, ashleigh and Nathan just need to have a niece for me. :D

Having a baby boy before Ashleigh does. so growing up us girls like to come up with names for our future kiddos, right? well ash and i have the same name for our first born sons. And now that she's married i have not-so-secretly put a curse on her to only having girls until i have a boy first. the name- James. After our grandpa. :D and i am bound and determined that that name is mine!

own a horse- if i marry a cowboy this should be a piece of cake. If i don't, then i want to raise my sons as cowboys. so then they can make other girl's dream of marrying a cowboy come true one day. ;) jk jk. but a horse would be neato to have.

go on a sleigh ride. like a legit horse drawn sleigh in the winter where it would lightly snow throughout. and this, would be perfectly romantic too! :D


turn 20- i'm less than 10 months away. Hopefully i don't die before then. I feel like i've been a teenager for far too long. don't get me wrong, i've had the most wonderful teenage years ever, but still. 20 finally sounds grown up. :D

fly in a hot air balloon. sounds scary, sounds pretty awesome! i just read a book once and there was a couple scenes where there were hot air balloons. And i want to go in one now. :D

kiss under mistletoe. (i know, another kissing one){my friend tara made a list of all the places she wants to be kissed and told me i should do one too.... so i did...... but that is for a different post.....maybe.} i know this is cliche but who cares!

take a successful photo of the moon and it's craters. i have attempted this 4 times. and failed more than miserably every time. i need a better lens.

own a legit ranch- once again, this whole marrying a cowboy would make this easier.

get married in the temple- DUH!

have an adventure ever day of my life with him- i always feel ridiculous when i say this but my greatest goal in life is marrying my very own perfectly imperfect {for me} man in the temple and live happily ever after. I would give almost everything up i ever wanted (see random goals above) to have this.

anyways i'm done being cheesy for today.
i'm going to go take some drugs and hopefully get over my cold.

loves and hugs too,
Bri

1 comment:

  1. Okay sis. A couple comments.
    1.Elder Scott's way my very favorite talk. I paid special attention to all the ones about marriage and his was the best.
    2. James is MINE.

    ReplyDelete