Sunday, April 24, 2011

'Tis Easter- the day of dying eggs, good meals, and spirituality.

Today was the chillest Easter ever.
as promised, here are some pictures of little sexy dexy.
love this one!
betsy freaking out about it pooping on her hand.
it's temporary home. now it lives in an old fish tank.


Alright so here's what i did today-
went to church-{see below}, read 20 pages in my photo history text book. Made a cake

Chocolate butterscotch with dark chocolate and Butterfinger on top.
and also rice made with chicken broth, gravy, and red potatoes and rosemary chicken. YUM!

and then we dyed easter eggs.
Betsy and Ashley are hot sexy mamas!
{Did i mention that i'm a member of the mermaid club again?? yeah, i need to find a new hair style. If you have any good ideas, i'd LOVE to hear them. Leave me a comment!}
and my home teacher, cade came over. he brought me a cute little easter egg snickers bar. and then my super super super super sweet visiting teachers, kim and cami jo, came over! they brought me a cute easter egg card and a bag of my favorite Mini Cadbury Eggs. Seriously though, i am so blessed! I have had the best college experience and it has mostly to do with the amazing people that i have met and love!
sorry, it's a skosh dark....
it's not like i'm a photo major or anything. ;)

and here is my blurb about my beliefs {it is Easter after all :D}-

College wards look like the black plague hit on holidays. They are SO small. it was still really good though. I love Easter. How everything is focused on Christ and his atonement. Makes me remember the real important things in my life and what matters most. i am grateful to be able to be forgiven of my sins. there is such a hope given to me each sunday and i'm grateful for the knowledge that i have that i can return to my Father in heaven one day.
I've been thinking a lot about How Heavenly Mother isn't mentioned a lot. I honestly cannot wait to meet her one day. I mean, my earthly mother is amazing so my heavenly mother must also be! About a month ago was the relief society birthday party in my ward. one of the members of the bishopric spoke. He talked about how his wife's mom had died a few years ago and to see how hard it was on her to not have her mom with her. He told us that daughters should not be left on Earth without their mothers. This got me thinking about my Heavenly Mother. I've heard that nothing compares to a mother's love for her children. i don't fully understand this yet, for i do not have children of my own. I can only Imagine the love that she has for all of her children. I can't wait for one day to learn more about her and to meet her again. I'm sure that she is just as concerned about me and loves me just as much as my Heavenly Father does.

exactly one year ago today, i was excepted into the art department of USU. {read about it here} One year later, here i am fully immersed in art classes and now, accepted into my dream major and feeling extremely blessed. i am SO excited to be doing what i love. Everyone keeps telling me {and has told me for quite some time} that i'll change my major several times before i'm done..... i can honestly say that i doubt it. I have a plan and i plan on following through with this plan. :D

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you guys had a good Easter.... Im also kinda jealous I didnt get to color any eggs... totally forgot! Haha

    ReplyDelete