Friday, January 14, 2011

It's a rough life.

Have you ever had one of those weeks where nothing seems to go your way?....
I sure was hoping for everything to work out with my classes but they haven't.
first off. I found out that the shuttle to take me to my 2 brigham city classes has been canceled. Thanks, shuttle people, for thinking about us poor art students that don't have cars. 'preciate it.
second, first class (photo 2) find out that even though i had bought my film camera and a new lens that there was even MORE that i had to buy. I'm now well over a thousand dollars for this class and i have only gone 2 times. joy. to. the. world. I must really love photography or else i would have dropped out of life this week.
next. i get my list of items i needed for painting and drawing. so being on top of things like i try to be, i go to the art store to get the stuff i know what it is early. just to get to class and find out that the cad medium red hue oil paint that is 6 bucks for an itty bitty tube is the wrong kind. it can't have hue at the end. so now i have to go back to the dang art store, pray that they will return the "hue" colors i bought and buy cad medium red in the same size but 3x as expensive. why? I'm wondering the same thing.
and i still have yet to find the non odor spirit thing and mat medium ground for acrylic....
next- my package comes but ya know how i had to buy the "bulk loader" shinanigan. well that is coming in a separate box. so now i can't use the film i bought for this weeks assignment. so i had to go buy a roll from the store thing for nearly 4 dollars. which they didn't have in the ISO i needed. great. thank you B&H photo.com.
and last (knock on wood) i go to use my 400 ISO (which i hate 400 iso) film today in my Nikon F100 that i have never used before and bad news- the camera is FILTHY inside. like you can barely see through the lens. i thought it might be the lens. so i took it off and nope, it's the camera. so, i called inkly's camera (the only camera repair place in Logan) and they said "oh, your camera is too old for us to clean." it's 11 years old. one of the newest film cameras. they don't make film cameras anymore! stupid! so they said, "let me call corporate in seattle and see if they can do it." ring ring. hour later inkly's guy calls back and says, "good news! they can do it!" (thinking to myself what a relief!) "it'll be about 250 dollars." all excitement disappears. I didn't even spend that much money on the camera! AHHHHH. so by this point i'm practically (okay i really was) crying. i already ruined a whole roll of film because it is going to have spots all over it from the dust inside. then the cost to get it cleaned and the time and ah! so then i decided that there is no way that i was paying that much money. i finally thought of KEWS camera in provo. this is the place i've taken my DSLR camera to get cleaned in the past. I talk to the owner guy and ask him and he was SO nice. and so helpful. he told me that it sounded like an easy fix and that he'd do it over night. relief! ah! so i shipped that bad boy right after that and i (cross my fingers) hope it'll be back by next thursday.
so then i ate some chocolate. So life is good.
so now i'm going to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment