Friday, February 4, 2011

Who I am and what I know

Last night something happened to me that has never happened to me before and i did not handle the situation they way i always thought i would.
I was in my drawing 2 class and i'm friends with a girl that is also a photo major who isn't LDS. She's a sweet girl and she doesn't swear or dress immodestly so it doesn't matter to me and i don't feel uncomfortable around her.
last night we were talking about where we lived and i asked her where she lived her first year of college. She told me about where she lived and the girls that were her roommates. she said they were all LDS and she didn't really like how they acted around her. She said that they would read their book of mormon at the table and she felt like they were pushing thier religion on her. (to me it just sounded like a normal thing... i mean i read my scriptures in my apartment wherever i want to and i'm not trying to push my beliefs on them.) she told me she didn't want to offend me because she figured i was LDS and i said she didn't. But then she started talking about how utah mormons don't know anything different than being a Utah mormon. So i told her that i did. i lived outside of Utah before. And that i knew what it was like living in a place where not everyone was Mormon. She said pretty much that everyone should know a different lifestyle to which i replied, "i agree." only to realize that it sounded like i've tried living in a non LDS way before. i tried to climb out of the hole i'd just dug myself into but it just made it sound worse. to which i changed the subject as fast as i could.
I didn't stand up for what i believe in and i'm ashamed of it now. And right after we just had a lesson at church about sharing our beliefs. :'( i feel awful!

So because of this, i am going to share my testimony of the gospel i know to be true to whoever reads this blog (which i think is a whole 5). haha.

I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that it was written for the people of this time and that if we read it and apply its principals that we will be happy. It can give us guidance in a time where the world is confused and help us to return to live with our Heavenly Father in heaven.

I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. That no matter what anyone says he saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ in the sacred grove that morning. He translated the Book of Mormon and restored the fullness of the gospel to the earth again. I know that the gospel will never be taken from the earth again.

I know the priesthood to be the power of God given to worthy men. I can feels its power and it has created SO many miracles in my life. I know i wouldn't be here today if it weren't for the power of priesthood blessings. I am extremely grateful for a wonderful dad that honors his priesthood and will give me a fathers blessing of comfort to me whenever i need him to.

I know that Christ suffered for my many sins. I know that because of his atonement i am able to be forgiven and that i can have him for a best friend. I know that he hears my prayers and helps me through my roughest of times. I am so grateful for him.

I know that families are forever. that the ordinances in the temple seal us together forever. That when i find the love of my life it won't be "death do you part", but "for time and all eternity" because of the sealing power in the sacred temples. What a great blessing this is and such a comfort to me! To know that when someone dies it isn't the end and i will see them again. I don't know how people can get through the death of a loved one when they do not know of this eternal truth.

I know that Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet today. That he guides this church in the way that my Heavenly Father knows is best. I know that when i follow his teachings i will be a happier person and that i will receive blessings for it.

I know that i am a daughter of God. That he is my father and that he loved me enough to send me to this Earth to receive a body so i could return to live with him some day. I love him.

This church is true. The blessings i receive from it and the promptings i have gotten have made my life wonderful. I'm not perfect but through this church and Jesus Christ i can be.

i say these things humbly today, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I hope that any of you have read this will find out for yourself if what i say is true. I know that the missionaries will teach you and you will be the happiest you've ever been if you do.

visit this website to find out more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment