Wednesday, February 2, 2011

country. swing. dancing.

So i went country swing dancing for the 3rd time since moving to logan in August. :D it was the most successful of all the times.
probably because i'm working on one of my new year's resolutions of being more brave.... or maybe cause my roommates, Melissa and Betsy give me death threats to ask guys to dance. but i'd like to think it's cause i'm more brave. ;)
so i had 2 good experiences with guys asking me to dance, and 2 good experiences asking guys to dance. My roommates fiance, Brian asked me and twirled me around till i was way dizzy. he's funny.
{haha. this reminds me of the time when i danced with his roommate chad and he told me, "brianna, you twirl at a great equilibrium!" what does that even mean? i hope it's a good thing....}
the other guy that asked me was brennan. a guy that Betsy has gone on TWO dates with. he isn't the best at dancing but good enough. he tried this one dip and i had no idea what to do (because he put himself in the position to be the "dippi" (does that make sense?) of the dipping and i don't know how to dip a guy... anyways. but then he dipped me anyway and i thought the poor guy was going to fall over.

then i asked this EXTREMELY attractive cowboy. his name was jordan. jordan the cowboy. it sounds legit right??! he had this handsome plaid shirt and dreamy brown eyes with great LMH. (if you don't know what LMH is than you will have to just wonder because it is a privileged thing to know. :D and if you google it to find out, i am not talking about lawrence medical hospital) anyways we danced to a taylor swift song (PERFECT!) and he showed me how to do 4 new moves! one including a hip bump of sorts. sounds weird and lame, right? wrong. it was legit! and i learned this cool new spin that leads into an awesome dip thing. we will call it the jordan dip. he was from nevada.

and then there was mike. he was talkative! which was good but bad at the same time. good cause then you get to know them but bad because i was saying, "what?" more than anything else. but mike was nice. and he was more of a relaxed swing dancer than jordan. he was fun and had a really nice smile.

and then i danced to your love is my drug with betsy. and we made up our own swing dance moves. I think people probably want to learn our moves. Who wouldn't?!

i just NEED to take a swing dancing class. Because then i will actually have cowboy friends instead of admiring them from a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment