Monday, May 2, 2011

fast sunday, Ryder, Photo, and some good cookin'

Yesterday was so excellent!! {even though i had a sore throat!} I am going to try to start being better about Sundays. I hear everyone saying how wonderful their weeks are going by not doing anything they normally would do on Sundays like homework and the computer etc. I don't think i do anything necessarily bad on Sunday, i just am thinking i could be better.
So, yesterday i did some really good things. I read my scriptures, i read like a third of my favorite book, i cooked a nice meal with Betsy, i went to church, and went to ward prayer. It was the perfect Sunday!

My favorite book- Dusty Britches, by Marcia Lynn McClure. I would definitely recommend it to you. I find that i become a big sap after i read it though. I hate it when i am done because i just want to read about Ryder and Dusty a lot longer. I find that I wanting to talk to myself while i read this book. I probably look like a lunatic but it's not a big deal. :D


this is me nearly 3 years ago with Marcia. Love her.

I'm done with my photo portfolio!! woohoo! so now, the only thing standing between me and being done with my first year is my final critique on wednesday morning! :D

Betsy told me that i should do the Julie and julia blog thing because i cook so much lately. Too bad duck and all those other things are ridiculously expensive! Maybe i'll do my own version. I think next school year i will try to make a new recipe once a week. {not this summer because i'll be home and am going to take full advantage of having mommy cooking for me again. :P}
this is Garlic and lime chicken fajitas.
see the back left burner?? yeah that is enough rice to feed africa.

this is salmon. YUM!! it tasted soooo good! :D

I got a card from my grandma on saturday. It was for finals week. :D my grandma is the cutest thing ever! I guess my mom told her that i had a sore throat yesterday and i get a cute email from her too. here 'tis-
i just love her. She always types in all caps. these are the ways i can tell if it is from grandma- if we get a package in the mail and it is taped together with duct tape it's from grandma, if i get an email in it's all caps, it's from grandma, if i get a letter and her "a's look like this-
{that is the best one i can do but it's not exact}, it's from grandma. if there are american flag stickers on the envelope, it's from grandma. If it has cute little inspirational stories and quotes in it, it's from grandma, if it's a forwarded email, it's from grandPa! haha.

well, "i'm going to go.......shave". haha. name that movie.

-Brianna

1 comment: