Thursday, October 28, 2010

First Love?

Have you heard the saying you never fully get over your first love? I thought it was ridiculous.... That is until i experience it for myself. It didn't end because anything was necessarily wrong. at least in my point of view. He didn't have time and distance played a part.

I was doing pretty good at trying to get over it. Slowly. VERY slowly. Yesterday so many things reminded me of him. I didn't know why because i hadn't thought too hard about it in a good 2 weeks. and then, BOOM. Picture. of him and another girl. all huggy and cuddly. right before i went to bed. for real? Was it that easy for him to get over me? It's been less than a month. He said he loved me. did he really? Was it fake? Was he leading me on? It's not easy on me to get over this because i sincerely cared about him. and still do. And i think in a lot of ways i ALWAYS will. My heart broke all over again when i saw it.

I absolutely loved the feeling i had when things were going good. I've never experienced something so awesome and i never wanted it to go away. But is the feeling worth it when all he's good for now is a lot of heartache? I trusted him -which is a hard thing for me to do with guys because of past experiences. And he knew that. He knew. We talked about it. and it didn't change what happened. I just don't understand why I ever trusted him in the first place. or any guy for that matter when all i do is get hurt by it.
I know i'm only 18, but it was real to me. Boys are so dumb!

Is it really better to love and lost than it is to never have loved at all? I don't know. i'm still trying to figure it out. the way i feel now sucks. But i loved how i felt before.
How do you get over something like this? everyone keeps saying time. but it doesn't seem to be getting much better. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment